Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A lesson in faith

Why do people forget about God in their times of need? Why do they only remember Him on Sundays when they are at church?? Do we not remember that God is the one who made us? Without God, where would we be?? We are lucky that God is a merciful God even though He hates sin. If God destroyed us the first or second or third time we sinned, none of us would be here today. But God is a merciful God and forgives us when we do wrong. Why then, you ask, does He give us all these troubles?? God gives them to us to see how faithful we are. To have faith in God, we MUST go to church and hear his word preached. Why? Because “So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of god” (Romans 10:17). But to have faith, we not only need to hear but we need to do for the bible says, “But be ye doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves” (James 1:22). I will hopefully blog tomorrow but goodbye for now!!
Julia

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet and well written entry! Thanks Julia...sometimes you just need a reminder. You made my day! Hugs, Aunt Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very well done Julia! I wonder, what made you think about this, and ultimately post this on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I was doing my devotions and this popped out to me. When i thought of this, I really wanted to post it on my blog and share my thoughts. I also thought some people may need this.

    ReplyDelete